[Mailman-Developers] Missed Bounce Message

jfesler@gigo.com jfesler@gigo.com
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:29:57 -0800 (PST)

> For a while now I've been thinking that we could do this kind of
> VERP-like custom messages for the password reminders.  Those we
> already have to craft specially for each recipient, so why not include
> an easily detected header, then catch those bounces and scan them?

Note that some mail servers refuse to send the message body back (grrr).
If you do it as the envelope you're guaranteed to be able to recognize it,
whether or not the body bounces..

[I'm also highly in favor of the at-password-time bounce checking - keeps
load light-ish for most list traffic, and just the occasional
reminder/probe]