[Mailman-Developers] Feature suggestion

Mats Wichmann mats@laplaza.org
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:03:10 -0700

At 01:55 PM 11/22/1999 -0000, Adrian Eyre wrote:
>> However, my idea is this.  What if there was some sort of mechanism in
>> place that stored the file in a different type of archive, and instead
>> of mailing the file, it included a link to click on to pick up the file
>> instead.
>
>Good idea. Could it be generalised to allow all people on the mailing list
>to specify a maximum attachment size. All attachments below this are
>attached to the e-mail, and any larger are replaced with links. Or maybe
>as a total attachment size for each e-mail, rather than on an attachment
>by attachment basis.

Sure seems like it would be a useful feature.  I'm mostly stuck
on very slow lines, many times it's a long-distance call to get
that much. I'd like to be able to defer getting attachments -
pretty much ALL attachments - until I know at least I've got a
toll-free connection, even if it's a slow one.  Maybe there's not
enough of us so "blessed" to be worth a change, though....