[Mailman-Developers] ABEND: problem with sync_members command

Richard Ellerbrock richarde@eskom.co.za
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 15:44:59 +0200

When I want to sync a huge list of e-mail addresses into a mailing list, I get the following ABEND:

[root@lisa bin]# /home/mailman/bin/sync_members -w=no -a=no -f /tmp/tt test
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 257, in ?
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 239, in main
    mlist.ApprovedAddMember(addr, pw, digest, welcome, notifyadmin)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 944, in ApprovedAddMember
    raise e, v
Mailman.Errors.MMBadEmailError
[root@lisa bin]#

This is with Mailman 1.1 freshly downloaded. sync_members does not complain about any invalid addresses. The number of addresses that I want to sync are over 3000! Could this be a problem?

--
Richard Ellerbrock
richarde@eskom.co.za