[Mailman-Developers] Performance under load (bursty message flow)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Thu, 27 May 1999 11:04:11 -0400 (EDT)

    JCL> In running a number of lists at VA under mailman, I've
    JCL> noticed an apparent performance problem: multiple
    JCL> simultaneous deliveries to the same list performs badly.
    JCL> Locking?

JC, I am now starting to see the same behavior on python.org.  My
machine is slammed at 100% cpu almost continuously doing about the
same thing you're seeing.  I'd classify this as a problem that
requires a solution before 1.0 can go out.

I have no idea what's going on, or how to fix it, and as I mentioned
before I don't have the time right now to look into it.  But I just
wanted to say that it's a problem I have a vested interest in fixing
(although I'd be pleased as punch if someone else works on it in the
meantime :).

-Barry