[Mailman-Developers] Bug in archive dating in 1.0RC1

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
18 May 1999 16:42:46 +0200

[Jeff Hahn]

> background:
>
> list has the "Set date in archive to when the mail is claimed to have been
> sent, or to the time we resend it?" set to WHEN RESENT
>
> email message with the following headers creates an archive record in
> September of 2022! NOTE: look at the second Received: line.

I'm unable to reproduce this.  If anyone else see similar effects, or
know how to make this reproducible (or maybe even can produce a patch
to fix this :), please speak up.

It should be noted, though, that the "clobber_date" configuration
option only seems to be supported by the __archive_to_mbox() method,
and not by the ArchiveMail() method that Post() invokes.  There are
comments in there indicating that __archive_to_mbox is a previous but
now renamed ArchiveMail() -- but I don't know whether it's intended
for the current ArchiveMail() method not to care about clobber_date.
--
Harald