[Mailman-Developers] suggestions regarding announce only configurations

matteo matteo@ibm.net
Fri, 07 May 1999 20:35:39 -0400

thanks for the great program!

i'm using mailman both for general lists and announce-only.  i can
approximate a good announce only
configuration by editing  html to hide things like the list submit
address, etc, after turning them off
but it would be wonderful to be able to semi-automatically create a list
that has this already done, by having the html turn off automatically
when you deselect an option. another possibility would be to have
multiple default configurations, so that once you configured one, you
could duplicate it.  ( i guess there are probably some files that you
could copy over to do that but im not sure which)

the piece that was the most problematic was the subscriber list- we dont
want people to see a list of subscribers (or the possibility of a list,
even if they cant use it) it on an announce list, but if we hide the
html, we need to create an html stub that contains the form post code.
if you included the  subscriber-list control to the admin page,  when
you hide the html  in the listinfo page, it still is available to the
listadmin. (perhaps the cgi could ask for the posting fields or use
existing admin auth info if called directly?)

thanks again

matteo