[Mailman-Developers] Envelope sender and list-admin address

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
04 May 1999 03:12:45 +0200

[Brian Ryner]

> Hi-
>
> I reported a bug on this but I thought I'd also post here, becuause I
> might try to correct this myself (and any advice would be appreciated).
>
> Basically, when a message is sent to the admin address (i.e.
> mailman-developers-admin@python.org), the envelope sender is left
> untouched when the message is resent.  I don't think this is a good
> idea.

I agree -- we certainly don't want Mailman causing people to slacken
their relaying restrictions.

Unless anyone objects, I'll change Deliverer.DeliverToOwner so that it
_always_ uses MailList.GetAdminEmail() as the envelope sender.

--
Harald