[Mailman-Developers] Stand-alone Mailman

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
04 May 1999 01:06:28 +0200

[Christopher Petrilli]

> Gang,
>
> So I've been tossing this idea over in my head... what do you think of
> using a derivitive of CGIHTTPServer.py to drive Mailman so that one
> could have an "out of hte box" solution...

Well, it wouldn't *really* be "out of the box" anyway, as it wouldn't
have any built-in MTA.

> now not everyone WANTS this, but in the Zope world, we've found that
> for evaluation, the lower the entry-point requirement the better.

Something like this would of course have to be optional -- but yes, I
think it would be kinda cool.  But, as you should be able to deduce
from the lag on this response, you shouldn't be holding your breath :)

--
Harald