[Mailman-Developers] Stand-alone Mailman

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:47:15 -0400

On 15 Mar 99, at 12:46, Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> So I've been tossing this idea over in my head... what do you think of
> using a derivitive of CGIHTTPServer.py to drive Mailman so that one could
> have an "out of hte box" solution... now not everyone WANTS this, but in
> the Zope world, we've found that for evaluation, the lower the entry-point
> requirement the better.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, I want this. In fact, I'm trying to get Mailman working on Win32, but
running into a strange error importing MailList.py about "base not a
class object" on MailList itself.

Anyway, the eventual idea is to embed mailman in a win32 application
(along with Zope, Confera and NotMail) and glue all these apps together
in some way.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937