[Mailman-Developers] MailList "base is not a class object" error

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:23:43 -0500 (EST)

    BC> I'm porting Mailman 1.0b9 to Win32 (Python 1.5.2b2).   When
    BC> running newlist.py, I get an error on line 50 of MailList.py,

    BC> base is not a class object on the definition of MailList.

    BC> However if I "hand import", it seems to load ok.

    BC> Anyone try mailman on 1.5.2b2 yet?

Well, I've run Mailman on the current CVS snapshot, no problem -- but
on Unix of course.  I suspect that the problem has more to do with
running it on Windows.  I don't know of anyone who's done that yet,
although the error message you're getting is kind of strange.

-Barry