[Mailman-Developers] to edit de alias file

Roger Peņa Escobio roger@infomed.sld.cu
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:46:13 -0500

Hi
I was looking the alias_wrapper file in src/ subdir , trying to  fix it ,
because the creation of a new list is, I think, incomplete if we can't edit
an aliases file automatically,  I found only one thing, the line 87
> execlp(SENDMAIL_CMD, SENDMAIL_CMD,"-bi");
need another argument, NULL, that is , the line should be
> execlp(SENDMAIL_CMD, SENDMAIL_CMD,"-bi",  NULL);
 and that's all, you can edit your aliases files if you have the right
permission for write in it, my choice is /etc/mailman/aliases
(/etc/mailman/) with   write permission for group mailman , and woks fine.
also I include a rmaliases for delete one list from de alias file, if
anybody like it e-mail me please .

I think that this feature should be in the release that's why I submit this
msg. to this list, may be the developers are interested in things like this
one.

Roger