[Mailman-Developers] Re: TOPICS

Paulo Eduardo Neves neves@inf.puc-rio.br
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 22:30:45 -0300

Harald Meland wrote:
> Anyhow, I guess that implementing this would be a lot easier (and
> cleaner) if every list member had some "user objects" -- and that is
> planned for after 1.0.  So I guess we'll think about it all until we
> have the infrastructure to implement it on top of in place.

I've read in the TO-DO list about User profiles, is it the same of user
object?

Could you explain the idea behind it?

I believe it would solve well a problem I have. I have an announcement
list where I send messages about a lot of topics. Not all topics are of
interest of all subscribers (i.e. Joe doesn't want to know about events
in other state).

It looks like user profiles (or Topics) would solve this problem.

regards,
--
Paulo Eduardo Neves
PUC-Rio de Janeiro