[Mailman-Developers] MM1.0b9 Bug! (was: Setup prob: abs/rel CGI url)

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 19:40:13 +0100

Harald Meland wrote:

> [Christian Tismer]
>
> > Hi Barry et al,
> >
> > I found it - Mailman 1.0b9 has a bug in admin.py .
>
> Which was fixed _days_ ago in CVS :-)

That's great.
An average user will step into this trap, since 1.0b9 is the
current version. If one always has to check CVS, it makes
no sense to publish the zip file at all.

I have to say: 10.b9 was published without proper testing.

> > How comes that nobody complained yet?
>
> If your web server provides CGI scripts with an REQUEST_URI
> environment variable, the fallback value of `defaulturi' won't be
> used.

I see. I was just hit since my Apache isn't the latest version.
Anyway, the "/mailman/anything" strings are a little spread
around in the sources. In my opinion, it would be safer to
keep them in a central place (Defaults.py maybe) and just
use references.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>