[Mailman-Developers] Configurability (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Mailman 1.0b9)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:33:21 -0500 (EST)

    GS> Anyways, this seems to be getting more into UI design, than
    GS> breadth of configuration.

Yeah, there's really only so much you can do with Web forms anyway.
Gawd they suck for UI.

    GS> I still believe in my original point of reducing the number of
    GS> knobs, not blindly adding to them under some notion that it
    GS> helps the user.  Your refinement works for me as long as the
    GS> Advanced stuff isn't too readily available (thereby rendering
    GS> them "not available" for most intents and purposes).

I agree (especially for the mythical 1.0 :-).  Besides, I claim that
the Python code for Mailman is vastly more approachable than the Perl
code for Majordomo.  Individual site admins are always free to hack
the code.  Our job is not necessarily to support every wish or request
under the sun.

-Barry