[Mailman-Developers] change request: admin password changing

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
03 Mar 1999 17:20:09 +0100

[Greg Stein]

> small change request:
>    remove that dang password-change dialog from every screen
>
> I don't see a need to have it on *every* screen. It seems awfully
> redundant, and just ends up cluttering the other screens.

I agree.  I think that the change of admin password stuff belongs on
the "General options" page, and not on _all_ the pages.

However, I'm undecided in the matter of making this (site)
configurable.

Would anyone object if I just put in a hardcoded condition on
'category == "general"' around the call to FormatPasswordStuff() in
Mailman.Cgi.admin.FormatConfiguration()?
--
Harald