[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Possible Fix for password

Christopher Lindsey lindsey@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 00:29:24 -0600 (CST)

> Is it that they aren't assigned passwords, or it can't find the password
> once it's assigned (because of case conversions elsewhere)?  I don't
> know how to check this.  Anyone know?

The password *is* being assigned, but it can't find it later.  If I
do a

   strings $prefix/lists/test2/config.db | less

and search for the username with uppercase characters, it comes up
with a password on the next line...

It's functionally the same as not having a password, though.  :)

Chris

P.S.  This should probably move to mailman-developers instead of
      crossing both lists, so we should probably only reply
      there...