[Mailman-Developers] Re: Viewing anyone's options w/o a password

Rob Francis rfrancis@dti.net
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:52:23 -0400 (EDT)

> There are many such rough edges - some for simple expediency, and some that
> would require more infrastructure to be properly addressed.  (An example of
> the latter is holding messages for approval directly in the config.db - we
> should have at least a basic catalog mechanism in which the mailing lists
> can store and retrieve such messages.  This would take yet more overhead
> effort than the simple accommodation we could make for cookies around the
> user options page...)

I kind of figured that was the case.  Thanks for the very informative
reply.  I figured I'd at least get a vote in for moving all option
type stuff behind a password.

Seems to make sense to me, but hindsight, as they say, is 20/20.

Thanks again,

-rob