[Mailman-Developers] [NEWBIE] ... Help! File permission error

Feisal Umar afu@altek.com.my
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:44:37 -0800

Hi. {This problem was actually posted at mailman-users lists, but I didn't
get any responses .. so I think I'll try here :) }

My MailMan v1.0rc1 is working excellently except for one small nagging
problem.

Whenever I am trying to access my public archive, I get an error message ..
the normal "denied access error". A quick file permission check shows that
the *.txt.gz file has a chmod 600 permission (hence denied access).

However, previous week's archives are OK (automatically chmod 644), the
anomaly only affects the current week's archive.

Help .. please ... anyone?  This is my 3rd installation (using combinations
of GIDs) but to no avail. Please ... just when I thought I could make do
without MajorDomo .. :(

Kudos to the MailMan Developers anyway

Thanks in advance

--