[Mailman-Developers] message board functionality?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:26:03 -0400 (EDT)

    DD> Purhaps a good way to facilitate this would be to publish a
    DD> clear specification for how all of the data is stored in the
    DD> config.db files for lists so that if you already have an
    DD> Intranet application set up you can just add in a little code
    DD> to change the Mailman list data yourself.

This wouldn't be hard to do, and you might not even need to know the
format for the config.db file.  You could probably write a small
script (using bin/sync_members, etc.) that does the modification for
you.  In fact, I wrote sync_members to make it easy to synchronize PSA
member addresses with our external database.  Writing a script for
hacking a user's password wouldn't be hard.

-Barry