[Mailman-Developers] message board functionality?

Dan Delaney Dionysos@Dionysia.org
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:49:09 -0400

From:  Barry A. Warsaw
> they'd only have to remember one password to administer any
> list of theirs.
> Users should also be able to manage all their lists on one screen.
> Say they're going on vacation.  One button could allow them to disable
> all their accounts on the site, and another would enable them upon
> their return.

That would be FANTASTIC! I run a bunch of email lists for members of an
organization. Each person is on several lists. It would be great if they
could just have one screen which could change their preferences for all of
the lists they are on. Even to change the email address that the lists send
to, and to specify alternate email addresses that they might be sending from
(home and work, for instance). They should also, however, still be able to
set separate preferences for each list.

What would be great also, if it is set up this way, is to have a SITE ADMIN
account, so that the person who runs mailman can have one password to be
able to get into anything. On my sight, for instance, I have a lot of
mailing lists for which other people are disignated as the administrators.
Well, what happens when one of the admins forgets his password to one of the
lists? It would be great if I, as the SITE admin, had an overall password
which would allow me to go into any of the lists to fix them if the admins
don't know how.

 --Dan
 Dionysos@Dionysia.org                                Daniel G. Delaney
 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/