[Mailman-Developers] RE: Mailman-Developers digest, Vol 1 #328 - 6 msgs

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
28 Jul 1999 19:51:42 +0200

[Ken Manheimer]

> I agree with everyone's admiration for your changes.

Yeah, even _I_ like'em :)

> I have one reservation, however - i much prefer the existing
> arrangement, if not necessarily the appearance, of the activity
> index at the top of the page.  I think the regular matrix you use is
> too regular - i'd prefer the links to the configuration options
> pages to be more clearly separate from the "other" activities.

Like, in a separate frame, maybe?  That's what I've been thinking,
anyway...

However, the frame-full UI should be optional.  For a frame-less UI, I
agree with Ken.

> I think having them in two separate columns, as we currently do, is
> not a bad arrangement - though i can see how it can be incongruous
> with everything else being arranged in tables.

Umm, I'm definitely _not_ a graphic designer (by far), but wouldn't a
borderless table with one row of two columns, where each column
contains a bordered/coloured table corresponding to the "columns" we
have now, work nicely?
--
Harald