[Mailman-Developers] Face lift for User Interface

Dan Delaney Dionysos@Dionysia.org
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:18:57 -0400

That's correct. And even though (as someone else said) the pages would still
work on older browsers if the style sheets are done correctly, there is
still one major stumbling block to style sheets: the fact that they are not
implimented completely correctly in ANY browser. I've found several problems
with the way IE5 implements style sheets, and Netscrape's style sheet
support is worthless. Nonetheless, I'll set up a second mockup using style
sheets and see how it works out. I'll let you all know when it's ready.

As far as making it so that it is easy to change the colors to match your
site, there are two options. Style sheets is certainly a good way to do
that. But the other option is to have option variables set for the colors
and have the "COLOR=" parts of the HTMl file generated by the Python code
which can insert the contents of the color preferences variables.
 --Dan
 Dionysos@Dionysia.org                                Daniel G. Delaney
 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/
 PGP Public Key: /~dionysos/pgp.html