[Mailman-Developers] Mailman v 1.0rc1

Marc Merlin marc@merlins.org
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:42:28 -0700

First off,  I didn't  install it, nor  do I  have access to  it, so  I can't
really give more information than what's in this mail unfortunately.

However if the  bug hasn't been found  and fixed yet, this  report should be
enough to find it.

I had a user that was sending mail with the following in the "From: " field:
Jason T. Collins <jcollins@valinux.com>

Mailman  would send  mail  back to  jasont.collins@valinux.com  and say  the
person wasn't subscribed.
The problem went away when I had him remove the "." after the T in his name.

My guess is that  some regular expression in mailman is  being fooled by the
"."

Marc

Finger marc_f@merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information