[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:35:04 -0400 (EDT)

    PP> My partner has been administering several lists here under
    PP> listproc 8.2 and we have been considering moving to mailman as
    PP> our list server. His main complaint is that he has been using
    PP> the subscriber file to store extra information about
    PP> subscribers under listproc but can't under mailman. How
    PP> difficult would it be to add a freeform text field associated
    PP> with an email name that would only be accessible to the list
    PP> owner or site manager?

Since the data structure that list information gets stored into is
just a dictionary (glommed from attributes on the class), you could
probably store all kinds of extra information in there.  The trick
would be hooking it up to the Web interface, but if that's not
important, you can do all kinds of things by hacking a little Python
into a command line script.

-Barry