[Mailman-Developers] Unsubscribed users still getting monthly reminders

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
01 Jul 1999 23:23:10 +0200

[J C Lawrence]

> I have Mailman v 1.0b8 running at Kanga.Nu (yes, I know its old,
> I'll upgrade tonight), and have two list members complaining that
> they are no longer subscribed to a list and yet receive monthly
> password reminders.  When I check the web interfaces, they are in
> fact unsubscribed.
>
> Ideas?

cron/mailpasswds gets it's user data from the `passwords' entry of a
list, while it's really the `members' (combined with the
`user_options') entry that says whether someone will get mail from the
list.

If an address somehow is present in `passwords', but not in `members',
the result would be as you describe.  I think you'd have to tweak the
list's config.db by hand (e.g. using bin/withlist) to fix this.

I wonder whether such inconsistencies could be caused by the
mixed-case-address bug which I _think_ was still in there in 1.0b8...

Anyway, I guess all of this will be redone after 1.0 with the user
object database and all.
--
Harald