[Mailman-Developers] New to Mailman, Question on Platforms

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 14:10:04 -0500 (EST)

    MW> That leads to my question: SInce Python has been ported to NT,
    MW> can mailman run on this platform?  Are there any FAQ's, docs
    MW> or links that i can read on how to do this?  Or is this
    MW> undoable because of the need to compile some of the .C
    MW> programs?  Can the .C program's functionality be duplicated on
    MW> NT or rewritten in Python?

At this point, I think it's mostly undoable because of our heavy
reliance on a forking model.  Win32 doesn't have fork().

We've talked about moving to a threaded long-running server model, or
adopting Zope <www.zope.org> as a platform, and both of those (very
future) developments would probably let us support NT.

-Barry