[Mailman-Developers] subscribers being ignored

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
09 Feb 1999 13:43:33 +0100

[Jerry Adlersfluegel]

> Harald Meland wrote:
> > Just under the "conn = ..." line, insert
> >
> >         conn.set_debuglevel(1)
> >
> > to enable debugging.  Save the file, and send a message to the
> > problematic list.  Debugging output (i.e. a transcript of the entire
> > SMTP dialogue) should now be in ~mailman/logs/error.  Remember to
> > remove the debugging line again afterwards.
>
> Ok, I put that in there, and debugging shows up in other places, but not
> in that error log.

OK, so I might have guessed wrong about the location of the resulting
log file :)

> Anyway, I had changed one of the user's settings to digest, so he would
> at least get the list messages. Then when I was going to do the above
> test, I changed him back to regular to see what happened, when he showed
> up in the recipient list. I did the same for another user that was being
> ignored, (change to digest and back to regular) and now he is getting
> mail too. I don't know what was going on there, but it appeared to be
> reproducible. Earlier, I had removed and re-added them to the list, but
> that did nothing.

Odd -- Internally, changing to digest only moves the address from the
`members' dict to the `digest_members' dict, and reversing the change
reverses the move.

> Thanks for the help, Harald. I don't think that was a solution, but
> I appreciate your efforts.

If this really is unrelated to your MTA, then the output of the
following commands might prove helpful in debugging (should you
encounter the problem again):

  $ cd ~mailman
  $  python
  Python 1.5.1 (#1, Oct  9 1998, 15:23:54) [C] on sunos5
  >>> from Mailman import MailList
  >>> import pprint
  >>> list = MailList.MailList("PROBLEM_LIST_NAME", lock=0)
  >>> pprint.pprint(list.__dict__)

Substitute the name of the problematic list name for
PROBLEM_LIST_NAME.
--
Harald