[Mailman-Developers] subscribers being ignored

Jerry Adlersfluegel jerrya@fastrans.net
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 08:41:50 -0600

Harald Meland wrote:

> If you're running some sendmail version earlier than 8.9.0, I'd guess
> you could emulate this new option with some fancy stuff in e.g. the
> check_rcpt ruleset (but I'm not a sendmail guru, so don't take my word
> for it).

I'm not one either, of course. I found the same thing you did. Since I
was at 8.8.7 I decided to upgrade. I installed 8.9.2, and nothing
changed.

> Could you "grep MaxRecipientsPerMessage sendmail.cf" and let us know
> if my guess is anywhere near the solution to the problem, so that
> Mailman can include hints on checking this sendmail setting for other
> users with similar problems?

Here's what is in my sendmail.cf. This means it is set to default, which
is infinite, right?

$ grep MaxRecipientsPerMessage /etc/sendmail.cf
#O MaxRecipientsPerMessage=100

How can I see exactly who a message is being (or was) sent to by
mailman? That could help me figure out where the problem may be.

Thanks!