[Mailman-Developers] password-less unsubscribe

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:22:15 -0800

Here is another request for a password-less unsubscribe...

A friend is running a mailing list. It is generally composed of morons
(not my friend, tho :-). Anyhow... these guys cannot for the life of
them figure out how to unsubscribe. They do the email thing and it spits
back about the password.

Of course, these guys have no idea how to GET to their options page, hit
the button, and have a password mailed to them. So they're stuck.

I strongly vote for the "let them unsubscribe, and send a notice"
theory.

thx
-g

--