[Mailman-Developers] New mailing list for internationalization

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 11:18:23 -0500 (EST)

Mailman Developers,

discussions focused on internationalizing Mailman.  This SIG has a
very narrow mission: at first it will be to discuss design issues and
patches to the source code to support multi-lingual mailing lists.
Once that is integrated into the codebase, the SIG will primarily be a
forum for translators.  I urge any interested parties to subscribe by
visiting

I'd like to keep I18N discussions off of mailman-developers.

Current status: I received a large patchset from Juan and Victoriano,
which contained some stuff by Mads and others, which I started looking
at over the Xmas break.  I'd like to move all private discussions on
this stuff to the SIG so everyone can contribute.  I plan on posting a
more detailed summary to the SIG within a couple of days (I'm too busy
right now).  That'll also give people a chance to subscribe to the new
list.

Cheers,
-Barry