[Mailman-Developers] illegal seek

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:30:54 -0500 (EST)

    RK> a few days ago Barry send me a patch that fixes an "Illegal
    RK> Seek" error which I'm getting on my system (in
    RK> scripts/post)... this hasn't been checked in the CVS
    RK> yet...

I just checked it in.

    RK> but I noticed this problem pops up in other places too... I
    RK> think my mailinglist isn't working 100% now (but thats what
    RK> you get for using 'experimental' version ;) )
    RK> Mailman/Message.py (49) also does a self.rewindbody(), causing
    RK> the same error on my system. ...

stdin can't be guaranteed to be seekable, so for portability we should
read it into a StringIO object and use that as the underlying
`file-like input'.  Can you tell me what else breaks?  A quick grep
through the source shows that mailcmd is probably broken
(i.e. yourlist-request I'll bet doesn't work).  I'll check in some
patches for that next.

-Barry