[Mailman-Developers] bulkmailing & admin interface

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@miss-janet.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 22:53:16 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 09:58:08PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     RK> Would it be possible to be able to choose for a "relaxed" way
>     RK> of delevering mail in certain situations? i'd rather have the
>     RK> messages being delivered with a small delay then MM trying
>     RK> hard to be as quick as possible with delivery...
>     RK> hoping for at least one reaction to this email, :)
> Here's one, hopefully the one you're looking for! :)
yes it is... thanks! :)

> All this stuff has changed in the current codebase, available via CVS.
> The old bulkmailer stuff is gone and Mailman now has two ways to hand
> a message off to your MTA: either by calling sendmail (or a sendmail
> compatible program) via the command line, or talking asynchronously
> (no-DSN) via SMTP.  All these means that the handoff of messages from
> Mailman to your MTA happens very quickly.
ah very nice ... i think i'm going to test out the cvs version on my
pc at home... do all the python lists use this codebase too?

> ported to the new codebase and added back in.  The neat thing is that
> with the current architecture, a site could choose any one of these
> delivery modules, as appropriate for their system (or easily implement
> their own).
ah even better !

btw i noticed some speed improvement when i switched from exim to
postfix... I think i've tried out almost  every possible MTA, but it
seems postfix does it's best on a not-so-powerfull server with
mailman.

Ricardo.