[Mailman-Developers] jitterbug and #12

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:44:49 -0400 (EDT)

    PG> Out of my curiousity I submitted a bug into the bug database.
    PG> It got resolved really fast. I only have two problems.

    PG> First: Maybe it's just me but I don't really see WHO did close
    PG> the bug.

It was me, but apparently Jitterbug doesn't record that information.
I'm very new to Jitterbug so maybe I've done something wrong.  At this
point you can pretty much assume that if something gets resolved, I
did it.

    PG> Second: The bug (actually rather a cosmetic problem than a
    PG> real bug) still exists, and the resolving was unsatisfactory
    PG> (huh :)) for me, but there is no way to reply to the bug
    PG> resolver, either because I do not know who he was or because
    PG> I'm "logged in as a guest user".

Hmm, another Jitterbug deficiency (feature? bug?).  I would think
guests should be able to continue the conversation about a bug via the
database.  Since you can't, you've done the right thing by emailing
MMDev.

    PG> And about the #12: as the original text told the install
    PG> overwrites the $BASE/templates directory without
    PG> warning. Since I localized the templates to be able to create
    PG> localized lists with newlist I wasn't REALLY happy to learn
    PG> that all of them got overwritten.  Of course
    PG> lists/<listname>/templates don't get overwritten, but that's
    PG> another matter I did not complain about...

Ah, I completely misunderstood your bug report.  I've moved this back
to incoming so I'll remember to deal with it.  I'm not 100% sure what
the solution should be though.

-Barry