[Mailman-Developers] Hypermail

Dan Ohnesorg dan@feld.cvut.cz
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:43:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 claw@kanga.nu wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:45:19 +0200 (CEST)
> Dan Ohnesorg <dan@feld.cvut.cz> wrote:
>
> > I have troubles with hypermail archiver.
>
> I strongly suggest you look at MHonArc
> (http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.doc.html).  It has far
> better MIME support, is significantly more configurable, etc etc
> etc yada yada.

Yes, I know, but it is nice on hypermail that it can be trigered directly
from mailman. When I will use another archiving tool, it must be runed
from crontab. Is is from my point of view bad, becouse on not loaded lists
is archiving tool runned too often and system overhead is big, or too only
sometimes and the archive is out of sync with list.

What would developers say to method in mailman like start archiving? It is
probably not good idea. Or to make generic inteface like

os.exec(archiver,message is on stdin)
????

cheers
dan