[Mailman-Developers] Usenet gating and archiving

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:00:46 -0500 (EST)

    BBT> We have a number of people who choose to interact via our
    BBT> local Usenet groups, and it is important that their
    BBT> contributions are archived. Without the ability to do so, I
    BBT> will need to stay with our current setup (icky as it is from
    BBT> an administrative standpoint, it does what I need) instead of
    BBT> moving to Mailman.

Then you'll definitely want to install 1.0b11.  It should all work
fine in that release (I'm testing it now on some internal lists, and
it looks pretty good).

I think I was probably not very clear in my message (I was rushed to
leave).  The problem /only/ affects you if you are running something
earlier than 1.0b11 (to be released in a few minutes) and are already
archiving a gated list.  Any new lists you start gating after
installing 1.0b11 will work just fine.

    BBT> Let me just say that Mailman is a wonderful piece of
    BBT> software. I have poked at it a little bit on a test
    BBT> installation, and it is beautifully conceived and
    BBT> implemented.

Thanks very much!

-Barry