[Mailman-Developers] Internationalization

Balazs Nagy julian7@kva.hu
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:15:31 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> The following are my thoughts on what we need to do in the short
> term.  I would like to have a stable 1.0 release by the time of the
> Usenix LISA 98 conference, where we have another paper and where John
> will (hopefully) be giving a talk.  This isn't very far away so I feel
> we need to be *really* conservative in what we try to do before then.

Is this means MailMan got codeFreezeEvent()?  ;)  Iam sorry but now Iam
hurry in writing the C++ code for my diploma work...

> I think we should shoot for NO new features, but just banging the hell
> out of the current source tree, expecting to have all the current bugs
> shaken out in time for LISA.  Once 1.0 is released, then we can talk
> about an architecture for supporting all the contributed
> translations.  It's great to see there's a lot of enthusiasm for
> supporting languages other than English.

Well, I have a *lot* of stupid users who cannot get their password just
because they don't understand MailMan's *Hungarian* error messages.

By the way I like to see the code to be combed out, because I would like to
hear some aims (for example global user data, archive functions via email,
administration commands such as admin subscribe etc) what you want to do or
not to do.  After 1st December ;-)
--
   Linux Supporting Center -- Red Hat Qmail packages -- http://lsc.kva.hu
      PGP 0x1DE3631D / A8 B4 92 EE 1F 55 27 C8  86 64 9C 42 41 A4 BD B8