[Mailman-Developers] Internationalization

John Viega John@list.org
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:21:42 -0800

Guys,

I disagree with Ken on the prioritization of internationalization.
The big problem is someone needs to rework parts of the software so
that all interesting text reads from a file, or something like that.
If anyone wants to take on the task, and submit patches, I'd rather
see it get integrated sooner rather than later.  Perhaps it's time to
keep 2 development trees, a beta series that will soon become 1.0 and
only gets bug fixes + documentation + "critical" features, and an
alpha series that will eventually become 1.1...  Anyway, if you want
to do the work, we'll figure out how to integrate it so that people
can use it ASAP.

John