[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] mailman using old sendmail

Scott scott@chronis.pobox.com
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 00:39:38 -0500

On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 09:08:35PM -0500, farul ghazali wrote:
| Scott,
|
| THanks for trying to help. Here's the transcript you wanted. I would
| personally love to upgrade the system, but I only take care of the machine
| part time, the full time sysadmin is too swamped to do it herself now,

No wonder she's swamped, running stuff that out of date ;)

| but
| she doesn't want me to do it either :-)

updating mailers is a pain.

| Again, much thanks. Oh, fyi, I'm using the 1.0b6 sources that was just
| posted a few nights ago.

Ogay, here's a patch (apply it to $prefix/mailman/Mailman/smtplib.py):

It'll work :)

160c160
< 	if c == '5':
---
> 	elif c == '5':
162c162
< 	if c not in '123':
---
> 	elif c not in '123':
169a170,174

This is actually more of a problem with mailman's smtplib than
anything else.  The way it was coded, it was translating all errors
into protocol errors, and the attempt to get esmpt access using EHLO
instead of HELO revealed that.

scott