[Mailman-Developers] Cookies

John Viega viega@list.org
Sat, 30 May 1998 13:42:42 -0700

On Sat, May 30, 1998 at 04:37:38PM -0400, Scott wrote:

> how do you tell the difference between a cookie running out and no
> cookie being submitted in the first place?

I think by checking to see if there are extra CGI parameters passed?
If so, you can assume they were still on your page.

> | Also, I noticed that it looks like the edithtml pages don't share the
> | same cookie (and, in fact, aren't using cookies at all at the moment...)
>
> true.  it seems like they should more for the sake of uniformity than
> anything else, as there's no reason to hide publicly accessible html
> pages from people.  this shouldn't be too hard to do with the existing
> isAuthenticated function from the admin cgi. i don't think i'll have
> time to that before i go away June 1-10, but i'm willing to change
> edithtml when i get back if no one's done it yet.

Would it be possible to keep 1 central auth checking function?  I also
noticed that admindb needs a similar mechanism.  Also, when we add a
site administrator's UI, we'll need to use the same functionality
again...

John