[Mailman-Developers] Smtp delivery.

John Viega viega@list.org
Fri, 29 May 1998 05:37:06 -0700

On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 01:29:56AM -0400, Ken Manheimer wrote:
> On Thu, 28 May 1998, The Dragon De Monsyne wrote:
>
> > 	I noticed the message about direct smtp delivery being needed for
> > virtual hosting....
> >
> > 	As I mentioned before, I have a version on mailman 1.0b1 that I am
> > running that already does this. I am going to give a good shot at
> > integrating that feature into the current (1.0b3?) source this weekend.
> > (I want to anyway, as I want to upgrade my server. )
>
> It looks like john was doing this, today, and all that will come out
> with barry's big autoconf changes within the next few weeks - maybe
> sooner - probably as 1.0b4.  So you may not want to spend more time on
> it.

Yeah, I got smtp delivery done last night, and it seems to be working
well.

> > BTW, I also mentioned some user database changes in my variant of
> > mailman... I'm dropping those, as I don't like the way I implemented them.
> > I'll just try to incorporate the other features I added to 1.0b1 (smtp
> > delivery being the biggie) into the current tree, and go from there.
>
> If you're interested in incorporating the other things, you should check
> with barry about getting a current snapshot before doing to much
> hacking...

Poor Barry :) I can provide you with a snapshot as well.  In fact, let
me try to merge patches that have recently been posted to this list
into the distribution, and then I'll put up a snapshot of the current
version just for the people on this mailing list.  It would not only
be good for people wanting to integrate more changes, but it will be
good for testing out newer code...

John