[Mailman-Developers] Big announcement!

The Dragon De Monsyne dragondm@nexus.Integral.org
Thu, 7 May 1998 08:52:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 7 May 1998, John Viega wrote:

> On Thu, May 07, 1998 at 01:29:36AM -0400, Tom Dyas wrote:
>
> > Btw, I am going to try out mailman on a CVS commits list (vger cvs is home
> > to linux/sparc) that I am going to make on vger. Vger uses the zmailer
> > MTA. Is there any way to make mailman use an "outgoing"-style list alias?
> > Zmailer is very good about sending out mail if it has all of the
> > destinations at once since it can group nearby domains and such to send to
> > exploder sites.
>
> I don't know if I understand this one.  Do you want mylist-outgoing to
> be the sender address as opposed to mylist-admin?

	I think what he is talking about is working the way majordomo
does, with an alias file with all the subscriber names in it, so the MTA
can work various sorting & delivery magic.

to Tom: I think that kind of mode of operation would be troublesome,
fortunately, there is another way. I have a divergent version of Mailman
1.0b1 that has been modifed to send outgoing mail by punting it to the
local mailserver via SMTP. This gives the MTA all the info it needs to do
various sorting/routing magic. I intend to sit down someday soon, and see
what I can do to integrate this back into the main Mailman source tree.

	-The Dragon De Monsyne