[Mailman-Developers] mailman and sendmail

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:34:03 +0200 (METDST)

Hello!

You might already know about this, but anyway...
Sendmail 8.8.8 and 8.9.0 segfaults on queue run of mime digests made by
mailman, if the remote host doesnt support 8bitmime. As I understood, it
is a bug in the header detection while converting 8bit to 7bit.
The result is that those who are at the beginning of the recepient list of
the digest get the digest at every queue run, those who are later
(after and including the first address that gets handled by a
non-esmtp host) don't get it at all. I got a patch for sendmail, it seems
to be working, it is also included in debian's sendmail.deb package,
version 8.8.8-20. I expect that it will be included in the upstream source
soon, but if anyone experiences such problems (i expect most lists run in
are not 8bitmime ;)), i can send him the patch.

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/