[Mailman-Developers] mass subscribe bug

Scott scott@chronis.pobox.com
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 17:22:25 -0400

I saw this error once in another context (still with mailman and
cookies, but with the "private" cgi).

The error occurred when a recent version of IE on a mac attempted to
deal with the cookie.  I think that the bug has one of two causes:
either the browser is incorrectly handling the characters in the
cookie, or there is something about the way that the base64 module
encodes and decodes that won't work with http.  Since I've only seen
the error on what i consider a questionable browser i suspect that
it's the browser's fault.

in either case, i haven't the first clue about a fix.

scott