[Mailman-Developers] ANNOUNCE: Mailman 1.0b5 released

John Viega John Viega <John@list.org>
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:13:08 -0700

Well, for some reason the automated mail gets to me, but not to the
list.  But if I send mail to the list manually it goes right through.
Since I don't have time to look at it, following is the announcement
sent manually.  Please forgive me if the autogenerated stuff
eventually does show up.

ANNOUNCE: Mailman 1.0b5 release

Version 1.0b5 of the Mailman mailing list manager is now available from
the Mailman web page:

http://www.list.org/

Via ftp, the release is available at:

ftp://www.list.org/pub/mailman/mailman-1.0b5.tar.gz

New in this version:

- New file locking that should be portable and work w/ NFS.

 - Better use of packages.

 - Better error logging and reporting.

 - Less startup overhead.

 - Various and sundry bug fixes.

Please be sure to read the README file after downloading.

John Viega