[Mailman-Developers] an opinion about using port 25

John Viega John@list.org
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 06:55:13 -0700

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 05:20:18AM -0500, The Dragon De Monsyne wrote:

> Notes:
> [1]   Erm, whhen's this going to be out? What happened to 'Release
> early, release often?' I've had things I would have liked to have coded
> and submitted by now, but I've been holding off on fer nearly a month
> wating for the latest code. Mebbe we need stable/unstable tracks like the
> linux kernel? With unstable releases VERY often.

I almost resent this comment.  I'd expect you to have a bit more
consideration and tolerance.  We said we'd *try* to release last week,
and once we did, we'd release more often.  However, we were not
willing to release at all until we got something that worked for some
reasonable value of working.  Please also be considerate to the fact
that we don't have as much time as we'd like to work on this project.

I'm sorry if you feel frustrated; however, we have said in the past
that we would provide you with a more current snapshot on request.  I
would not have refused any resonable request for a snapshot from
someone interested in helping out.  Some sort of private communication
would have been a far more apropriate forum, until that avenue proved
futile.