[Mailman-Developers] loosing mail

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 18:19:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Gergely Madarasz wrote:

> I'm still loosing digests because mailman wants to use port 25... :(
> This is a Bad Thing (TM). Any dates about the new release which would fix
> this? Or is there a patch around for 1.0b4 ? I don't want to switch back
> to majordomo now :(((

I'd wait to see what john says - he's working on the queuing stuff - but
failing a near fix, you could look at switching back to 1.0b3. The
tricky thing is, i'm not sure the 1.0b4 list data structures (config.db)
are compatable w/1.0b3, so you might need a conversion function to
revert it - changing things like paths, etc.  Whatever you do, if you do
fool around with reverting, make backup copies of your stuff before
tinkering...

Ken
klm@python.org