[Mailman-Developers] big problems

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:33:58 +0200 (METDST)

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> > Jul 12 16:22:30 1998 post: Traceback (innermost last):
> > post:   File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/mailowner", line 40, in ?
> > post:      current_list = maillist.MailList(sys.argv[1])
> > post:   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/maillist.py", line 64, in __init__
> > post:      self.Load()
> > post:   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/maillist.py", line 554, in Load
> > post:      raise mm_cfg.MMBadListError, 'Failed to unmarshal config info'
> > post: AttributeError :  MMBadListError
> >
> > What could have caused this and how do I fix it ?
>
> Sounds like the config.db for the lists somehow got corrupted.  I
> haven't seen this happen to any of the python.org or other lists i run
> (mostly 1.0b4, some with the current development code).  Did you find
> any prior errors in the error log?  Any abnormal incidents on the host
> leading up to it??

It seems the other admin of the server has done something that crashed the
server, so the file corrupted... fortunatelly there was config.db.last

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/