[Mailman-Developers] A (the?) MIME digest / MTA problem

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 02:41:05 +0200 (METDST)

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, John Viega wrote:
>
> > Wasn't the request for on non-MIME digests?  I don't mind so much w/
> > MIME.  Also, if we reorganize a few things to avoid filtering for each
> > message (by caching stuff), it would be acceptable to let the user set
> > verbose headers as an option.
>
> The reason i was considering reducing the headers in both is because
> currently they're congruent - the same file contains them both.

I see... but I think it is nice to have the headers in the mime digest -
it keeps the mails full, with content information, etc. The best solution
would be to filter out the extra headers at digest-creation time and only
when creating the plaintext digest.

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org