[Mailman-Developers] A (the?) MIME digest / MTA problem

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 01:25:46 +0200 (METDST)

On 11 Jul 1998, Janne Sinkkonen wrote:

> There exists a problem with MIME digests of b4 and some
> MTAs. Something in some digests makes the receiving end to think that
> it has received the whole message, while the sending MTA (mine was
> sendmail 8.8.5, now 8.9.1) thinks it failed and leaves the message to
> the spool. The message needs to be removed manually, for otherwise the
> poor subscriber will get a copy of it every time the mail queue is
> run, indefinitely.

This is a bug in sendmail, it segfaults on 8bitmime digests when sending
them to hosts which don't support 8bitmime. I already wrote about this to
the list a couple of weeks ago. Btw i thought 8.9.1 already has it fixed.

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/