[Mailman-Developers] mailpasswds

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 13:47:18 +0200 (METDST)

Hello!

I have problems with mailpasswds... first it did not work because of this
line:
            url = list.GetOptionsURL(user)
I changed it to:
            url = list.GetAbsoluteOptionsURL(user)
Now it starts (the text is a bit misplaced in the mails it sends), but
forks too many times (I have two lists, 500 and 120 subscribers):

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/var/lib/mailman/cron/mailpasswds", line 114, in ?
    main()
  File "/var/lib/mailman/cron/mailpasswds", line 111, in main
    MailAllPasswords(list, users)
  File "/var/lib/mailman/cron/mailpasswds", line 78, in MailAllPasswords
    list.SendTextToUser(subject = subj,
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_deliver.py", line 105, in SendTextToUser
    mm_utils.SendTextToUser(subject, text, recipient, sender,
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_utils.py", line 145, in SendTextToUser
    DeliverToUser(msg, recipient, add_headers=add_headers)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_utils.py", line 158, in DeliverToUser
    if os.fork():
os.error: (11, 'Resource temporarily unavailable')

There should be a better way to handle these mails... either to have a
better mailing algorithm, or to handle this error, wait for a minute, then
continue.

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org